Before you can start training with us, you’ll need to pass our selection. We want to make sure that this is the right programme for you; we don’t want you to commit to significant financial risk before you find that out.
You can book on to a selection either before you have started any flight training or at any stage up to the Airline Pilot Standards Multi-Crew Cooperation course. The advantages of early selection:
- It will remove doubt about what comes at the end of your training; and
- We will give you feedback on any areas you can work on to improve your eventual chances at an airline interview; you can develop these during your training.
To be eligible to apply for a place on the Wings Alliance Selection, candidates must:
- Have the right to live and work in the EU
- Be educated to GCSE level with 5 passes at A*- C, including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- ICAO Aviation English Language proficiency at level 4+
- For individuals who have already completed their ATPL(A) theory exam, the average pass mark should be >85%.
The selection costs £295, but you are not committed to this until we have offered you a place on our Selection Day.
The selection process is straightforward, consisting of three steps:
- 1. Complete an online selection form. When you submit this, we will check whether you meet the minimum requirements for the programme. If you don’t, we’ll advise you what you need to do to meet them. If you do, we’ll invite you to complete the next two steps.
2. Complete some online tests. These are not a pass/fail. If you are asked to complete the online tests you will also be invited to attend our Selection Day.
- 3. You will be invited to attend a Selection Day which is conducted at the Wings Alliance headquarters in Clevedon, Bristol, UK.
Selection Days are scheduled every month, normally the last Friday of the month. The selection is conducted by a team of current airline trainers and specialist selection staff. It determines an individual’s performance against criteria employers are looking for and it consists of a group exercise, an interview, an individual planning exercise and further aptitude tests.
During the Selection Day you’ll also have the opportunity to meet other applicants and to chat to Wings Alliance staff about what we offer.
Everyone attending the Selection Day will be given individual feedback on how they performed and, where applicable, areas they need to focus on for improvement.
Please note, the exercises that you are given during the selection day are adapted depending on your previous aviation experience.
To be put through to the Wings Alliance Airline Pilot Standards MCC course and airline selection individuals need to first pass our selection.
The next Selection Days are on Friday 25th October, Friday 22nd November and Friday 6th December 2019.
Helen, a previous pilot attending the Wings Alliance Selection day said: “The Wings Alliance selection day was so enjoyable that there were moments when I almost forgot I was part of a competitive assessment! It provided an excellent insight into airline section processes, and also offered opportunity to chat with both fellow applicants and experienced airline pilots – I would highly recommend it!”