How our Assessment process works
Wings Alliance Assessment mirrors the style of real airline assessments, and is conducted by a team of current airline trainers and specialist staff.
It tests your performance against criteria employers are looking for, and it consists of a group exercise, an interview, an individual planning exercise and further aptitude tests.
Why choose Assessment?
- It tests skills which you’ll need as an airline pilot
- We can recommend you to airlines in the future
- It gives you confidence – you’ll know you’ve got the skills needed to successfully apply for an airline job
During the Assessment Day you’ll also have the opportunity to meet other applicants and to chat to Wings Alliance staff about what we offer.
Everyone attending the Assessment Day will be given individual feedback on how they performed and, where applicable, areas they need to focus on for improvement.
You will be graded on a scale of 1-5. Grades 4 and 5 are ‘airline ready’. Grade 3 is awarded to those who need to improve in one or more areas but we believe will be able to achieve an ‘airline ready’ assessment with training.
The exercises that you are given during the day are adapted depending on your previous aviation experience.
Before you can start on one of our flight training programmes, you’ll need to achieve an assessment of 3 or above. We want to make sure that this is the right programme for you; we don’t want you to commit to significant financial risk before you find that out.
If you have already completed your flight training (i.e. you have already been issued with or expect soon to have a CPL/IR), you may opt to do the assessment before or after the Airline Pilot Standards Multi-Crew Cooperation (APS MCC) course, or you may opt not to go through our assessment process at all.
Please note that if you want an airline recommendation from us, you must go though our assessment process and be assessed as ‘airline ready’, and also achieve an APS MCC grade of Pass with Merit or Pass with Distinction.
How to apply:
- 1. Complete our application form. When you submit this, we will check whether you meet the minimum requirements for the programme. If you don’t, we’ll advise you what you need to do to meet them. If you do, we’ll invite you to complete the next two steps.
2. Complete online tests. These are not a pass/fail. If you are asked to complete the online tests you will also be invited to attend our Assessment Day.
- 3. Attend an Assessment Day which is conducted at the Wings Alliance headquarters in Clevedon, Bristol, UK.
You must have:
- The right to live and work in the UK or EU
- Educated to GCSE level with 5 passes at A*- C, including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- ICAO Aviation English Language proficiency at level 4+
Note, some employers stipulate that you must achieve first time, or first series passes of the CPL and IR licence skill tests, an average theory exam pass mark of 85% or better, and fail no more than two theory exams. If you do not meet these criteria, you will still be eligible for other employers. Fill out the application form and we’ll contact you to discuss your employment prospects before committing.
Assessment normally costs £295.
The advantages of choosing Assessment
- It will remove doubt about what comes at the end of your training
- We will give you feedback on any areas you can work on to improve your eventual chances at an airline interview; you can develop these during your training
“The Wings Alliance Assessment Day was so enjoyable that there were moments when I almost forgot I was part of a competitive assessment!
It provided an excellent insight into airline section processes, and also offered opportunity to chat with both fellow applicants and experienced airline pilots – I would highly recommend it!” – Helen, a Wings Alliance Assessment Day attendee
2020 Assessment Dates:
- 27th March (Full)
- 24th April (3 spaces remaining)
- 22nd May
- 26th June
- 24th July
- 21st August
- 25th September
- 23rd October
- 20th November
- 18th December
We’re here to help you
Talk with one of our training advisors (Mon-Fri, 09:00-17:00) – +44 (0)1275 345 917
Schedule a chat with an advisor
Email us with any questions – email@example.com